Do you know the best way to cook fish? Let's find out!!
Not only does the fresh fish taste super delicious, but how it is cooked can entirely change the taste.
An adequately cooked seafood tastes good and helps maintain the essential nutrient content. So, if you are interested in how to cook fish the best way- this blog is for you.
So, let's get started!
Pan Fry or Sauté
Through this technique, other than fish, you can also cook seafood such as Shrimp, Bay Scallops, and Slipper Tails.
Firm fish, such as cold or halibut, may also be cut into strips and then fried through the Pan Fry method. The technique is as follows:
1) Heat 1/4-inch oil or butter in a fry pan or skillet over medium to medium-high heat
2) You can dip fish in milk or beaten egg and then breaded
3) Do not cook fish for more than 4-5 minutes per side (per inch of thickness) or until done. That's it!
If you want to enjoy fish that is not too dry, try the broiling technique with a thicker cut, at least 1-inch, for the best fish taste your tong ever wanted!
1) Try to baste fish before and between cooking
2) On an oiled broiler pan, broil 3/4 to 1-inch thick fish 4-5 inches from the heat source (on an oiled broiler pan)
3) Broil fish for about 8 minutes per inch of thickness, and do not turn fish less than 1-inch thick!
4) Broil thicker fish 5-6 from heat/ source and 2-3 inches for thinner fish!
Almost any boneless fish fillets or steak can be cooked in a microwave. Simply follow these simple tips:
1) Spray nonstick cooking spray on a microwave-safe dish
2) Cut the fish in half. Then, place the thicker part on the outside of the plate!
3) Cover the fish with plastic wrap and make some holes in it
4) Cook fish for 2-3 minutes per round on medium to high power and turn it during cooking. You can also add salt after cooking
This technique can fit the best for thicker cut fish such as Tuna, Salmon, Halibut, or Swordfish. While thinker fish can also be grilled in the Grill Basket.
Here is how you can cook the fish through the grilling technique:
1) Heat charcoal for 25-30 minutes or gas grill for 10-15 minutes with lid closed. You can heat the grill on one side for the indirect heat method
2) Do not miss to brush oil on the grill grate to prevent fish from sticking
3) Place grill grate 4-6 inches away from the heat source
4) Always prefer to place fish on grill rack in a single rack for better cooking
5) If you love the taste of indirect cooking, place the fish on the cooler side of the grill grate while the lid is closed for 10-15 minutes. However, if you prefer a direct grill, just cook the fish per side for not more than 5-6 minutes (per inch of thickness)
The Final Words
In addition to these fish cooking techniques, there are other ways to cook your favourite fish, such as Bake, Deep Fry, and Poaching.
But if you do not know how to get the fresh seafood or fish delivered from Seafood Wholesalers UK at your home?- then connect with SeaFood Direct for quick and affordable raw & fresh seafood delivery in the UK.
As well-known Seafood Wholesalers UK, they always keep stock of fresh seafood in all forms. For more, please call- 01472 566000