It is time to ask yourself, "Where can I find the best online seafood delivery near me?" or "Where can I find the best seafood delivery in London?" because seafood is abundant in nutrients essential for good health. It also has a low calorie and saturated fat content.
Essential Vitamins in Seafood
Iodine, Omega-3 fatty acids, Magnesium, Vitamin B12, Vitamin D and Vitamin K are six essential vitamins that most Brits do not get enough of. All of these vitamins—except vitamin K, which is found mainly in leafy greens and spices—can be obtained by ordering seafood online in the U.K. These nutrients are particularly abundant in fatty fish such as salmon, mackerel, and halibut.
To reap the health benefits of Omega-3 fatty acids, many people take fish oil supplements. However, online fish delivery might be a better option as medical studies indicate that consuming seafood is more beneficial than taking Omega-3 fish oil supplements.
Eating seafood twice a week has been shown in multiple studies to lessen the risk of congestive heart failure (also called: CHF, heart failure), coronary artery disease (also called: CAD, atherosclerotic heart disease), stroke (also called: CVA, cerebrovascular accident) and sudden cardiac death (SCD). Eating fatty fish high in Omega-3 fatty acids on a regular basis can also help lower your risk of cognitive decline as you get older.
Instead of taking fish oil supplements, choosing seafood home delivery and consuming seafood provides you with additional essential nutrients that are hard to obtain, such as Iodine, Magnesium, Vitamin B12 and Vitamin D.
These four essential nutrients play an important role in regulating your energy, metabolism, hormones, and other bodily functions. For example:
- Vitamin D boosts your immune response, improves bone health, and gives you the energy to get through the day.
- Magnesium is essential for over 300 metabolic functions, including blood sugar control, blood pressure reduction, and cardiac rhythm regulation.
- Iodine is required to operate the thyroid, which regulates your hormones.
- Vitamin B12 is essential for healthy blood cells and nerves.
There are not many dietary sources of these five hard-to-get vitamins in the food we eat, but eating fresh seafood bought from reputable seafood wholesalers in the U.K. on a regular basis will provide you with all of them.
In addition to these five essential vitamins, seafood is packed with a plethora of other nutrients. Fish and shellfish are also high in minerals such as Calcium, Iron, Phosphorus, Potassium, Protein, Riboflavin (Vitamin B2) and Zinc.
The Top Health Advantages of Eating Seafood
The following are the top three health benefits of eating seafood twice a week:
- A healthy heart: lower blood pressure and reduced risk of arrhythmia (irregular heartbeats), stroke, heart attack, and sudden death.
- Improved mental health: lower risk of depression, Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), dementia, and Alzheimer's disease.
- Lower risk of diabetes and rheumatoid arthritis.
It is hard to refute the evidence that consuming seafood plays a BIG role in a healthy diet. If you are looking for quality yet affordable fish delivery in the U.K., reach out to Seafood Direct.
Do you have any questions about our online seafood delivery service? Call us at 01472 566000 or write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. One of our representatives will get back to you shortly!